CORDIA is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by ex-CFOs, Recruiting Experts and Accounting Firm Partners.
One of our clients, a rapidly growing, PE-backed technology/software outfit, located in Arlington County, is seeking a Controller.
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, general accounting, audit and operations. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
The Controller will be an integral part of the team and assist in properly allocating the workload and ensuring it is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, year-end audit preparation and the support for special projects.
- Process all financial records for corporate office and entities
- Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and provide information to external auditors.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Supervise staff across all areas of responsibility.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of strategic plan.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Improve and monitor the vendor payment process.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 3-5 years as Assistant Controller or Controller within sizable corporate accounting department
- Experience working with a SaaS company preferred
- Proficiency within the NetSuite accounting system preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- $150,000-$160,000 + bonus + possible stock
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time
- Full medical benefits coverage
- Prescription drug coverage, Dental & Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability, insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401k (6% match)
- Health Savings Account
- Cell phone stipend
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party