Our client is a first of its kind Fin-Tech
that focuses in real estate investing. Located in the DC area
, they have experienced unmatched growth while being ranked a best place to work
in the DC area and nationally! The company has doubled in size in the past year and is continuing its growth track, as such they looking to bring on additional, high caliber individuals who enjoy a lively, evolving office.
Seeking a high caliber Senior Accountant
(CPA, public accounting
), who is highly motivated by a dynamic, growth-oriented environment. The role offers challenging work, the ability to work with some of the best accounting/finance professionals and excellent compensation package with strong benefits
(100% paid medical, generous PTO, great office environment)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Maintain and optimize the process of disseminating accounting information to external auditors, internal management, and other stakeholders.
- Work directly with key personnel to establish and maintain effective internal controls over existing and emerging processes.
- Maintain the general ledger including determining the accounting treatment for and booking asset acquisitions and dispositions, calculating interest payments for debt investments, monitoring and recalculating investor redemptions, investor dividends, and fund asset management fees, reconciling intercompany accounts, and managing the accounts payable process.
- Assist with asset management responsibilities, including review of financial statements and other documents for underlying real estate assets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fund level financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of SEC public filings such as 1-Us, 1-SAs, and 1-Ks.
- Support ad hoc requests and projects from management.
- Excellent education (BS in Accounting/Finance/Business) and CPA required
- 2-5+ years of accounting experience in fast paced environment (Big-4 public accounting)
- Prior experience in real estate industry/clients required
- Superior team building and management skills
Job ID: 13687358