Cordia Resources is currently recruiting for a Controller
for a fast growth software firm in McLean, VA
This position shall be responsible for the day to day activities and functions of a large accounting department that handles all accounting functions in-house. The Controller shall work closely with the Vice President of Finance developing, establishing, and enforcing proper accounting methods and policies, and provide guidance and leadership to department staff while ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to manage, schedule and oversee daily operations of a large and busy accounting office.
- Work closely with staff to ensure proper accounting methods and policies are practiced and the department meets all deadlines.
- Ensure proper training of personnel assigned.
- Ensure reporting and communication is frequent and bi-directional.
- Manage projects using defined project management tools and communication vehicles.
- Develop individuals for future advancement.
- Evaluate business processes.
- Prepare various management reports and assist in budgeting.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably with a mid to large sized company.
- BS degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is preferred, not required.
- Must be able to work and interact with all levels of staff and management, including with other departments
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.