CORDIA is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by ex-CFOs, veteran Recruiting Experts and Accounting Firm Partners. With three offices in the region (Rockville, MD; Washington, DC and Vienna, VA) we are well-positioned to serve any level of hiring client or job-seeking candidate.
One of our clients, an active, diverse international law firm located in Washington, DC, is looking for a top-notch A/P Manager.
Accounts Payable Manager
The A/P Manager
will have the opportunity to lead the growing, innovative team of accounting professionals. They will also be engaged in the ever important daily operations of the accounts payable. We’re partnering with our client to find an industry leader in the accounting world that’s not afraid to roll up their sleeves as well!
Founded in Washington, DC almost 100 years’ ago, our client has continued to flourish and grow. They consistently grew throughout the 20th
century and now have over twelve offices internationally and are planning on adding even more. They’ve had individuals go on to serve on past Presidents’ cabinets, be NFL Commissioners and serve on White House Counsels. If this sounds like the type of people you want to surround yourself with, keep reading!
The AP Manager
role will work hand in hand with their team to help provide consistent payment deliverables, lead company initiatives, and support system implementations. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to help others grow, while also having the opportunity to be on a growth plan themselves.
You will be:
You're the perfect candidate if you possess these qualities:
- Manage the accounts payable function for all offices and other related projects.
- Manage the Firm’s Vendor database and communications with vendors regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyze and draft amendments to accounts payable procedures to comply with Firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Address functionality of accounts payable policies and procedures, including internal control procedures, and update as necessary.
- Oversee system and workflow improvements utilizing Chrome River, the firm’s expense management software.
- Develop and monitor metrics to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of AP operations and drive exceptional efficiency and service levels.
- Develop and oversee compliance process for reporting, use tax filing and unclaimed/abandoned property.
- Establish guidelines for all project requests made to accounts payable both from within the department and outside the department.
- Work directly with other department personnel on automation issues, training and interfaces.
- Handle complex or non-routine situations independently
- Resolve reconciling items when needed, work closely with the GL team, and participate in the annual audit.
- Ensure that staff members provide consistent and exceptional customer service to the Firm's internal and external clients
- Develop staff through formal and informal coaching, appropriate assignments and the performance evaluation process to ensure work is appropriately prioritized and processed effectively.
- Stay current with developments, practice and industry trends in the accounting field as it impacts the accounts payable function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, in Accounting or Finance.
- The ideal candidate will be an accounting or finance professional with at least three years accounting experience and two plus years supervisory experience in accounting required. Accounts payable experience with international locations and an understanding of value-added-tax (VAT) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- Excellent leadership skills and able to work both independently and within a group.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle pressure situations; meet deadlines and have a complete understanding of all functions in accounts payable and the interface to other functions within the Accounting Department and the Firm.
- Effective research and problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare and present results for senior management.
- Knowledge of Chrome River and 3E accounting system database a plus.
Compensation: $125,000 - $140,000 base salary + bonus.