Our client is a tech focused, multi-entity, Non-Profit
headquartered in the Alexandria, VA area
with $18M in revenue.
The organization is tight-knit and run well with a dynamic Accounting/Finance team of three-four running daily operations. currently in a hyper growth mode, acquiring other companies and building out their Accounting/Finance team to support the growth, as well as systems/process improvements.
They are seeking a direct-hire Experienced Staff/Senior Accountant
with strong experience in operational areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the general ledger. The individual will report to the Controller and be part of an active, technology focused operation and team. The company offers compensation around $75-80k + bonus
, depending on experience, and excellent benefits including 30 days PTO, 8% 401K contribution, and 90% of healthcare insurance covered.
Staff/Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor Accounts Payable through the online system ensure that all invoices are processed correctly in Concur on a timely basis.
- Manage and monitor Accounts Receivables through the iMIS database and follow up with outstanding AR on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries (including debit/credit, adjustment, re-class, etc.) that are necessary for the financial close and send them to Controller on a timely basis for review.
- Reconcile the general ledger schedule and ensure any/all discrepancies resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process bi-weekly payroll through ADP and ensure payroll is posted correctly in accounting system.
- Perform and file forms 1099 and 1096
- Update the cash flow report for the organization and subsidiaries on a daily basis
- Assist with yearly audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
- 3-5 years of experience within a Non-Profit setting
- Previous use of/experience with – Concur (expense reporting), iMIS (membership database), Microsoft Dynamics SL (general ledger), and ADP (Payroll), Prophix (reporting)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP