Our client is a highly professional, Public Policy/Think Tank
organization based into Washington, DC, established over 50 years ago with now over 200 employees. The organization provides strategic solutions to appropriate decision makes focused on global security, and is funded by national and foreign governments, foundations, individuals, and various corporations. The company is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst
to help run and work closely with 10 of the company’s 30 different programs.
This role offers exceptional benefits
and a compensation package around $85-95k,
depending on experience.
- Help departments with preparing operating budgets to support the organization’s expense management goals.
- Build an understanding of his/her portfolio of departments and programs and its funding streams and/or cost structure.
- Review disbursement requests and expense reports to ensure proper allocation of cost; and proper cost allocation and allowability of federal grant expenditures.
- Prepare department/program budget reports for quarterly budget reviews with Senior Management.
- Develop, review, and advise programs on proposal budgets to ensure appropriate cost coverage based on proposed statement of work and project work plans.
- Update program/project budgets and forecasts in real time based on changing assumptions in revenue, personnel, and other direct project costs.
- Meet with program budget coordinators regularly to keep staff well-informed of program activities in order to anticipate budget revisions that may be necessary.
- Perform budget to actual variance analysis to identify inaccuracies, trends, personnel reclassifications, potential budget shortfalls or cost overruns, and opportunities for surpluses.
- Assist with analysis used for decision-making and recommendations to management and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or other business field
- Experience with MS Dynamics SL, Workday Adaptive Planning, or other accounting or budgeting systems
- Five or more years of progressive and relevant analytical budgeting experience in nonprofit industry, or think tank industry
- Understanding of GAAP and OMB Circulars and Uniform Guidance
- Stellar communication skills and ability to manage upward
- Strong judgment and reasoning skills