Our client is an industry leading Tech/Media company
based in Washington DC
(metro accessible). They are dynamic, multi-faceted operation with multiple lines of business and focus on positive/inclusive work environment, while utilizing cutting edge technology. Not only does the company offer an excellent work environment, having won top places to work in the DC area, but also strong career advancement and excellent mentorship, as well as other fun items like corporate outings and happy hours. They are seeking a Financial Reporting Senior
, with compensation around $80-95k + bonus.
- Assist in organizing, drafting and distributing monthly, quarterly and annual documents similar to a 10Q and 10K including consolidated financial statements, financial statement footnotes and MD&A using financial schedules prepared by other functional groups and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with US GAAP and other regulations.
- Participate in the analysis of financial and operational data to develop commentary to be used in Management’s Discussion and Analysis as well as any communications to stakeholders
- Assist in working with business partners to manage and maintain an updated calendar of all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of all financial reports to internal and external stakeholders, including maintenance of adequate supporting documentation.
- Assist in the coordination with the Company's external auditors to communicate financial reporting issues during the quarter and year end periods.
- Assist in working with other departments, including senior management, to develop reports that present information in a clear and concise manner to answer specific questions, provide insight into company operations (within the accounting group as well as cross functionally – sales operations, sales, engineering and design) and enable decision making.
- Assist in the review and approval financial package reports prepared by other functional groups, as applicable, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning & Analysis group by utilizing financial reports/models of
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting (Big-4) or fast paced corporate environment
- Previous experience working in the Financial Reporting, preferably SEC reporting
- Proficient knowledge of Netsuite preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Proficient knowledge of Google Sheets and Slides