Our client is growing Government Contractor ($10M in Rev, 20+ locations nationally) with a nimble, dynamic operation focused on training warfighters and agents for performance optimization. They are seeking a direct hire, Accounting Specialist for their Sterling, VA headquarters. Our client offers strong personal growth opportunity and a highly team-oriented work environment. Compensation around $45-60k, depending on experience.
The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and process of accounts payable transactions. They will prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy for the general ledger.
• Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures and government regulations to include US-GAAP.
• Responsible for all phases of accounts payable processing including, vendor file maintenance, invoice, and accounts payable records management.
• Verifies accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents by reconciling invoices with purchase orders and processing invoices for payment in a timely manner to include discrepancies and resolving vendor inquiries.
• Process 1099 labor invoice payments and prepare for end of year filing of 1099-misc and 1099-nec to the IRS.
• Process timesheets and expense reports.
• Conduct weekly check runs to include international wires and ACH transfers.
• Audit, prepare, and record journal entries, reconcile chart of accounts and financial statements.
• Conduct bank reconciliation, corporate AMEX reconciliation, and month-end general ledger reconciliations (depreciation, accruals, and variances).
• High school and 2+ years of related experience
• Must know how to audit, prepare, and record journal entries, reconcile chart of accounts and financial statements.
• Must have knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
• Must understand Deltek software and various modules, preferably Deltek GCS Premier.
• Experience in GAAP compliant accounting system in GovCon environment
• Knowledge in sales & use tax and corporate income tax preferred.
• Strong problem-solving and organization skills with the ability to maintain precise records.
• Must have the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent customer service ability.