Cordia Resources is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search firm with three local offices (Washington, DC, Rockville, MD and Vienna, VA) we are well-positioned to help any level of client or job seeker within Human Resources, Accounting or Finance.
Our client, an established Non-Profit Association based out of Alexandria, VA is looking for a Benefits & Total Rewards Manager to join their team.
Position Summary: Benefits & Total Rewards Manager (75-85k)
The Benefits and Total Rewards Manager will design, plan, and implement the total reward programs, policies, and procedures and is responsible for the effective administration of them. This person will ensure that programs meet staff needs, are aligned with business objectives, and benefit strategies and operations are compliant with local, state and federal laws, codes, rules and regulations, while being cost effective. Ultimately, you will build fair and attractive benefits, compensation, and total rewards plan that help us improve employee satisfaction and create a productive workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the effective operation, delivery, and administration of benefits, wellness, and total rewards programs to ensure employees receive best-in-class benefits
- Developing communications and managing service providers and consultants (including benefits broker)
- Using extensive benefits experience to develop and present ideas for improvement
- Monitoring market trends to ensure pay rates are current and competitive
- Ensuring compliance of benefits programs, utilizing knowledge of benefits legislation (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, other) and through keeping current on rules and regulations impacting benefits programs
- Serving as the subject matter expert and point of contact for all Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and disability leave (STD/LTD) questions; tracks the status of FMLA and STD requests, approvals and denials
- Ensuring highly confidential files are maintained in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulation
- Providing metrics on benefits use and wellness programs to drive strategic decision making
- Conducting research on employee satisfaction (e.g. surveys and usage data) to identify trends and implement new plans/programs to engage and motivate employees
The Benefits and Total Rewards Manager will rely on extensive experience in employee benefits and total rewards, have strong analytical skills with respect to data and information analysis, and is a strong team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- At least 3-5 years of benefits administration, including experience administering benefits for a company of 150+ staff
- A passion and talent for benefits, compensation, total rewards, and wellness as demonstrated by accomplishments and contributions in your career
- In-depth understanding of benefits administration practices and the ability to successfully coordinate all benefits administration processes
- Experience with enrollment and leave processes through an HRIS; Workday experience is highly preferred
- Experience analyzing and evaluating wage and salary data to help determine best pay structure and total rewards plan
- Thorough understanding of regulatory/statutory environment including health care reform and FLSA
- Extensive understanding of wellness programs
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and able to track data for decision making
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity and generating creative solutions and approaches