is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search firm with three local offices (Washington, DC, Rockville, MD, and Vienna, VA) we are well-positioned to help any level of client or job seeker within Human Resources, Accounting, or Finance.
Our client, an established Waste Management and Recycling organization based out of Hyattsville, MA
is looking for an HR Specialist
to join their team in a temp to perm capacity.
20-22/hr + Benfits
*This position will be working in the office 5 days a week
The Human Resources Specialist
administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits, and HRIS. This person maintains payroll and related records recording the accumulation and use of PTO, holidays, and miscellaneous leaves of absence.
Job Description and Daily Duties
Skills and Qualifications
- Assist in preparing payroll for hourly and salaried employees, including reviewing time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, and administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders as necessary.
- Respond to unemployment claims promptly.
- Respond to verifications of employment promptly.
- Maintain and update employee records in the payroll system promptly.
- Onboard employees and assign the necessary class codes, position codes, EEO classifications, WC codes, benefits class, and retirement plan eligibility.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department, etc.
- Ensures the submission of payroll reports and sheets for timely processing of staff salary
- Completes additional accounting tasks as assigned by the organization.
- File documents.
- Proven experience as a payroll specialist
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
- Knowledge of Paychex Flex
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus