Great opportunity for a Senior Accountant
in Tyson’s Corner, VA
with a rapidly growing PE backed, data analytics/cyber security
firm. As Senior Accountant,
you will assist with performing general and technical accounting, revenue recognition, as well as other duties within the department as assigned. The Senior Accountant performs all duties in compliance with GAAP and SEC accounting standards and rules, and SOX and other internal audit and controls.
Very competitive Salary, flexible PTO, paid holiday days and more! Don’t miss out – apply today! Washington DC metro only candidates!
- Performs research and analysis on accounting policies and issues. Develops memos, documentation, and recommendations for review by the Controller or external accounting and auditing partners.
- Ensures transactions are accurately reported. Maintains journal entries, general ledger and sub ledgers, and performs reconciliations. Analyzes costs, revenue and other obligations to predict future revenues/expenses. Performs monthly/quarterly closing and prepares financials for review by the Controller.
- With oversight, may perform the order-to-cash accounting workstream, including review of contracts and maintaining the database, cost of goods sold account modeling, monitoring invoicing and cash collections, reconciliation of open invoices, and running revenue recognition and ASC 606 checklists.
- Supports the consolidation financial process, subsidiary and intercompany accounting to provide parent company accounting and reporting with direction from the Controller.
- May support accounting for stock option administration and compensation, company bonus management, and sales incentive compensation.
- Detailed understanding of SOX and internal controls. May conduct internal reviews of operational processes and coordinate with internal audit.
- May act as a lead or provide guidance and oversight to less experienced accountants.
- Performs other duties as assigned to supplement other accounting activities.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 5 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 3 years of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Skilled knowledge of GAAP and other accounting rules and standards
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 7 years of experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA plus 5 years of related experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Experience using NetSuite
- Previous accounting experience with Big 4 or similar accounting and auditing firms
- Knowledge and experience in SEC accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and revenue recognition processes
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year