Cordia is actively seeking General Ledger Accountants
to support our clients in the DMV area. This is a unique opportunity to join a team with a great company culture and excellent professional support.
General Ledger Accountant Responsibilities:
General Ledger Accountant Requirements:
- Areas of focus include cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and intercompany loans
- Support general accounting functions including the preparation of journal entries and account analyses
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and supporting schedules.
- Assist with SOX compliance.
- Support projects and contracts entry
- Cross-train in other accounting functions and assist in the review of procedure documentation
- Support external and internal audit
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Manage multiple priorities/projects effectively
- Identify and support implementation of process improvements
- Coordinate with multiple departments and levels of management including offsite locations
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA or active candidate
- Combination of corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Experience with financial and reporting systems
- 2+ years of experience in general accounting functions
- Knowledge SOX and/or internal controls testing and documentation
- Eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to meet strict closing and reporting deadlines consistent with a publicly traded company
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare
program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.