Role: Contract to Hire
Location: Herndon, VA (Remote)
Our client a global leader in satellite communications, who provides satellite technology and communication solutions is looking for a Software Engineer to add to their team.
- Lead the design and implementation of new features into existing systems.
- Be a champion for the code quality and utilize appropriate tools to ensure the lowest possible bug count.
- Work on a highly scalable server and client architecture to handle configuration and monitoring in real-time.
- Implement automated unit tests as required to ensure proper functionality.
- Play an active role in solving issues related to scalability and reliability for a highly scalable, high availability network management system.
- In an Agile framework, document, design, develop, test, and integrate software functionality for various components within a satellite system and related environments.
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions for technical issues encountered in the deployment of SW solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Over 7 years of industry experience in software engineering. Strong problem-solving skills or hands-on-experience with the following:
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming using C++ Or MS VC++.
- Windows programming using MFC and Visual Studio.
- Experience with a relational database, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with a POSIX operating system, such as Linux or BSD.
- Experience with Distributed/Multi-Tier programming and IPC is a plus.
- Some experience in scripting using BASH, Python, and/or Perl is desirable.
- Some experience with VMWare Or cloud computing knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast is a plus.
- Knowledge of Satellite communication is a plus.
- Knowledge of GIT, Multi-threading, Google test.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics, or equivalent experience