Our client a technology company with 500 employees in the Bio-pharmaceutical space is looking to add a Production Operation Manager, DevOps
to their team.
The Production Operations Manager is a hand on manager position that will provide support to external and internal customers. This key individual will manage Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management and Tier 3 support for applications.
Production Operations deploys and configures application deployments. Once deployed the team is responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting the applications and interfacing with other teams on resolutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the production support team
- Provide metrics and reporting on the health of the production and UAT environments.
- Mentor production support engineers
- The team does release and configuration for UAT and PROD environments. This requires an understanding of CICD tools and cloud technologies.
- Creating and running UAT/PROD database scripts and updates (bash and sql scripting)
- Coordinating and configuring new environment setup
- Manage and support UAT and Production application deployments 24x7
- Conduct quality testing on UAT and Production deployments
- Level 3 application support
- Work cross functionally with Cloud Operations, Development, Quality Assurance and L1/2 Application Support
- 5+ years of experience of doing production support in a 24x7x365 SaaS environment
- 2+ years managing technical teams
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong Database experience with MS SQL and/or Oracle
- Experience working with SOAP/RESTful web services
- Working knowledge of Linux OS & Scripting
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), preferably Ansible.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS & Powershell Scripting
- Demonstrated skills with performance testing and tuning at all levels including at the API level
- Experience managing a change management process
- Understanding of SLDC’s
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy
- Understanding and experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment