Manager, Consolidations Accounting
Remote position available.
Our growing, global private equity-backed $200m client operates in seven countries and has multiple offices in the Washington, DC region. Due to a promotion, they are seeking a technically astute Manager-level accountant who has dealt with global consolidations, accounting policy and understands the technical side of the accounting process.
Driven by organic growth and acquisitions, this client has grown quickly, more than doubling revenue in the five years through 2019 (up until the impact of Covid-19 in 2020). This client's unique global service offering, superior client experience and commitment to quality, compliance and security has resulted in a highly differentiated service and, in turn, strong EBITDA margins. Private Equity (PE) backed since 2003, the company has a strong record of creating value for investors and executive leadership. Since the initial PE investment, the Company has completed four successful transactions progressively selling to larger PE investors.
Overview of Position
This manager coordinates and executes the monthly consolidation of CIBT’s global legal entities across 20+ countries, responsible for all aspects of the process to ensure that all financial requirements of the Company are being met. The Consolidations Manager will supervise a Staff Accountant and together, will maintain the books and records of the corporate entities, maintain the chart of accounts and management reporting structures, complete the global, multi-currency consolidation and support global reporting for the executive team, the company’s board, and its lenders. To be fully successful in this position, this person will have expert Excel skills, a strong grasp of intermediate and advanced accounting principles, a good understanding of a consolidation and reporting application, and excellent detail orientation.
- Manage the global consolidation process (70+ entities in 20+ countries), including eliminations, GAAP adjustments, on-top adjustments, execution of purchase accounting and implementation of new entities
- Responsible for oversight of all intercompany transactions and processes
- Performs consolidation fluctuation analysis of balance sheet and income statement with specific focus on foreign exchange gain/loss to ensure movement is reasonable
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated balance, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- Assist in the annual financial reporting process, including drafting of footnotes, creation and communication of support schedules and documents
- Finance system maintenance
- Supervision of staff accountant who performs the following:
- Intangible assets accounting, reconciliation and reporting
- Holding company month-end close activities including maintenance of prepaids, accruals, and reconciliations
- Consolidated reporting of capital expenditures, AR aging, and non-recurring expenses
Compensation & Culture:
- 5-10+ years in accounting experience
- Public accounting experience required
- Previous experience within a corporate global consolidation process required.
- Bachelors in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Strong functional and technical understanding of intermediate and advanced accounting principles, internal controls and applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to be able to identify, pro-actively propose/implement system and process improvements.
- High standard of organization, accuracy and precision in a time sensitive manner.
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with strong written and verbal skills.
- $120,000 - $130,000 starting base salary
- Bonus: 15% target to start
- Very strong benefits/401k/PTO
- Prefer promotable hire, room to grow
- Very flexible with remote preference - supportive Execs and management - can be 100% remote if needed
- Must be open to travel to Washington, DC region occasionally
- Bright, accomplished global team