Corporate Accounting Manager
One of CORDIA's clients, a growing, global tech/communications firm, is expanding its finance group and seeking a team-minded Corporate Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager
is responsible for all areas relating to and leading up to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises two staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position is hands-on addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, monthly financial close and financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget, forecast and tax compliance activities. The Accounting Manager will report to the Assistant Controller, and will have contact with Controller and VP of Finance which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Education and/or Experience:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure which requires a strong understanding of the existing policies and procedures, legal structure, the ERP system and related sub-ledger functionality and procedures. Until that is achieved, the individual will not be successful in the management role
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close at the legal entity and consolidated level under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This requires all balance sheet account reconciliations are completed during the month end close process
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information including participation on the development of new reports and analyses as needed
- Assist the Assistant Controller and/or Treasurer in the daily banking requirements which includes cash receipts posting, daily bank reconciliations and reporting, etc
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine activities to be performed
- Responds to inquiries from the Finance organization, Assistant Controller and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Work with the Accounting leadership to ensure a clean and timely year end audit, internal audit review, statutory audits, etc.
- Assist with preparation of the corporate income tax returns, Sales/Use tax returns, GST, VAT and other local taxes as deemed appropriate
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure that all transactions (fixed assets, cash management, general ledger, etc.) are timely and properly recorded to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in the maintenance, development and implementation of new and more efficient procedures and system features to enhance the workflow of the department while maintaining a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year which are aligned to the group and Company goals and objectives. Monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Other duties may be assigned based on experience, skill set and business needs
- BA/BS in accounting
- 10+ years of experience working within the general ledger area and at least (5 years of prior supervisory experience). The experience must show growth within the accounting functional area thru various roles.
- Experience working in a fast pace/high growth environment where they have shown an ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a given time
Strong understanding of the full accounting cycle process including purchasing, accounts payable, order management, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, including strong Excel skills
- Experience with a large automated accounting /Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including a good understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS is required
- Consolidation of legal entities books is required
- Project accounting experience a plus
- Multi-currency accounting a plus
- Oracle accounting system experience a plus
- Mix of public audit and corporate accounting experience a plus
- CPA a plus
$120,000 - $130,000 + 15-20% annual bonus target