What will you do?
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration of the human resources functions including strategic planning and establishment of Human Resources policies and objectives, legal compliance, employee relations, total rewards, performance management, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives in various functional areas of Human Resources, i.e. benefits administration, workforce planning, compensation management, performance management, talent acquisition, employee development and leadership development.
- Provide direction to proactively identify risks, diffuse issues, provide employee and management consultation, conduct investigations, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Participate in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Ensure that staff development and leadership development initiatives advance culture and promote an inclusive environment throughout the organization.
- Lead and manage visa and immigration processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and timely processing of applications.
- Provide guidance and understanding of employment laws and experience enforcing key labor laws, including FMLA, ADEA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Perform analyses and provide metrics of HR activity, use analytics to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 or more years of Human Resources experience to include at least 2 years of leadership experience required
- HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, and management skills.
- Ability to think strategically but also focus and prioritize tactical operational issues.
- Ability to lead with integrity; providing sound advice and guidance.
- Ability to Influence, build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts.
- Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Knowledge of and skillful at partnering with a C-level officers on HR functions.