Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- Washington, DC
Provides data analysis and financial modeling support for various programs and projects across organization. Working with the VP and Director of FP&A, she/he facilitates all activities related to the annual budget and quarterly forecast for organization, including planning, preparing, implementing and monitoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide data analysis and financial modeling support to departments across organization including pricing models, return on investment calculations and project analysis
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Identify trends, prepare business analysis, advise company and recommend actions to assist with business decisions.
- Help lead in managing all activities related to the annual budget and quarterly forecast for organization, including coordinating timelines, providing advice and technical assistance, and reviewing budget proposals for accuracy, completeness and conformance with guidance.
- Prepare budget analysis for allocated overhead cost pools and accumulate and maintain budget work papers.
- Throughout the year, monitor the budget and any changes/budget transfers for accuracy and conformance with organizational policy. Assist with reviewing budget to actual variances and unspent/uncommitted balances.
- Prepare analysis for key budget areas for review, such as significant vendor contracts and program areas including periodic projections prior to Finance Committee meetings.
- Coordinate projections on a periodic basis and prepare associated cost calculations and allocations Assist with the financial components of the contracts and commitments process and staff in preparation, administration and financial review.
- Participate in the year-end closing and new year set-up processes including areas such as analyzing committed contract balances and other key contract attributes.
- Prepare other ad hoc analysis and other special projects as requested
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 -7 years’ experience in financial analysis, budgeting, contracts, general ledger, and financial statement review.
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills required including comfort with building models from scratch.
- Strong analytical skills in financial statement analysis and ability to explain variances and financial concepts to others in a simple, easy to understand manner.
- Knowledge of automated accounting software and MS Office products necessary. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to work independently, monitor projects from start to finish and meet tight turnaround times.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
CULTURE & COMPENSATION:
- Excellent organizational, communications (written & oral), and project management skills required.
- Experience in application of contract terms and vendor negotiations strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work and collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
- $105,000 - $115,000 starting base salary
- 10% annual bonus target
- Unbeatable benefits (health, medical, 401k, perks etc.)
- Collegial, bright, talented and diverse staff and structure