A non-profit organization in Washington, DC is seeking a Controller
. The Controller
will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s accounting, financial, and reporting activities. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants administration. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and is seeking a mission-driven organization and position.
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department; assists with the design of the organizational structure in order to achieve the department’s goals.
- Plan and coordinate month-end and year-end closing process and reporting.
- Establish and maintain appropriate accounting policies.
- Monitor’s the company’s cash position on a daily basis.
- Manages all aspects of the company’s financial and accounting functions (i.e., budgeting, forecasting, cash management, job cost accounting, accounts payable/receivable, taxes, and bank reconciliation).
- Prepares and publishes timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software; experience selecting and overseeing software implementations