A financial consulting firm seeks a service-oriented individual to join its Information Technology staff. The Senior Systems Engineer will design, install, and manage vSphere environments. They will administer and troubleshoot Windows and vSphere infrastructures, leveraging best practices to provide scalable and reliable virtualization platforms both on-premise and in the cloud. The individual is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, engineering, and implementing complex projects in private and public clouds.
- Install and configure VMware ESXi hypervisor, creating deploying and running virtual machines and appliances.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Servers (2012/2016/2019), Active Directory and Group Policy Objects in VMware and Azure environments.
- Identifies, develops and implement monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure the highest level of production systems availability, stability and performance
- Experience deploying and administering Azure environment, to include Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks and Azure Active Directory
- Experience deploying and administering Office 365 technologies to include on-premise Exchange
- Work with other team members to resolve highly technical problems and issues.
- Assists junior staff in problem resolution
- 5-7 years’ experience with VMware
- 8 + years’ experience with managing and administrator of distributed Active Directory enterprise.
- Familiarity with Nutanix Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required and/or Certifications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize concurrent projects in terms of importance and urgency
- Willing to carry cell phone and participate as a member of a 24/7 on-call rotation for server systems. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.