Dynamic Financial Advisory firm with HQ’s in Chicago has an immediate need for a hands on Controller
. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in support of the Accounting and Finance areas. The successful candidate will deliver timely and accurate financial reporting, budgeting, financing transaction processes, financial modeling, and special projects to improve operations. Although this position offers remote work it will require some time in either the McLean, VA
or Chicago, IL
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all relevant accounting and related functions including A/R, A/P, account reconciliations, internal audit, collections, payroll, payroll taxes, sales taxes, budgeting, accruals, and internal reporting.
- Responsible for cash management, including bank entries and reconciliations, customer collections, and monthly cash forecasting.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget and financial projections
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
The ideal candidate would have prior experience working with business finances, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is essential to the success of each individual and the firm as a whole. The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Accounting w/ active CPA certification
- 5-10 years progressive experience in accounting with a mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills with experience in QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different business units in a large organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations