Cordia is partnered with a Government Contracting tech company who is seeking to fill a Network Engineer
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall - VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
$150k - $160k
Hybrid - Reston, VA
Target Start Date:
TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI poly
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
General OSE Services:
- Provide project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase.
- Collaborates across multiple disciplines.
- Ensures implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
- Provides subject matter expertise and strategic oversight of enterprise network, voice, and video infrastructure initiatives to ensure proper design and in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies.
- Define/design target architectures, anticipating potential network, voice, and video growth; ensuring scalable and flexible core technologies
- Recommends and implements network standards to support the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
- Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
- Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code
- Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
- Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations and perform packet analysis. Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
- Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
- Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
- Tuning and optimization of network environment
- Conducts software release planning and documentation
- Assistance with installation of software upgrades
- Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User issues
- Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to technical support teams and End Users
- Audit and evaluate current IP Network deployments, providing recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
- Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies, and network modifications.
- Provide and review best practice recommendations for architecture, design, management and operation of customer's infrastructure
- Assist in the delivery of technology proof of concepts.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Certifications (required, minimum one): BCNP, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIE-ENT
- Certification (required): 8140/8570.1m compliance (Security+ minimum or at least willing to obtain within 30 days)
- 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, load-balancers, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design life cycle and documentation
- Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
- In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
- In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
- Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products.
- Firewall experience a plus.
- Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds, BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow, Netconf, Software defined networking is a plus.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary