Cordia Resources is partnered with a global leader in tech development seeking a Localization Software Engineer
to join their team. You will work with cutting-edge AI, robotics, and UAV/ Drones in this role.
The Localization Software Engineer – Registration/ Mapping Focus will be responsible for…
- Developing algorithms for localization of unmanned vehicles and sensor systems
- Developing and creating High Definition Localization Maps, which serve as a component in an overall localization strategy critical for safe and smooth operation of autonomous vehicles in a variety of applications, including on-road mixed traffic and off-road autonomous applications
- Designing and implementing software using C/C++ in a Linux environment.
- Implementing, tuning, and testing novel algorithms, hardware, and approaches to enhance mapping and autonomous navigation
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in implementing registration algorithms (e.g. SLAM, ICP, etc)
- Experience in creating High Definition LIDAR maps
- Knowledge in state estimation (e.g Kalman Filter, non-linear optimization)
- Develop/improve algorithms for localization of unmanned vehicles and sensor systems
- Experience with processing point cloud data: feature extraction, registration, filtering
- Design and implement software using C/C++
Education & Experience:
- A Master’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, software engineering, or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience working with LIDAR systems (e.g. Velodyne, Ouster, Luminar)
- Experience in computer vision: camera calibration, feature extraction/matching, SLAM
- Familiarity with Linux environment and experience in developing software for real-time operating systems.
- Experience participating in safety-critical software development lifecycle