This role is part of the FP&A Data Analytics team, that is responsible for Company’s enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment. This opportunity is a great fit for someone with Business Intelligence requirements gathering, metadata modeling, report authorship and end user training experience and is eager for an opportunity to contribute to all aspects of an enterprise-scale data & analytics software system. The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by the leadership team.
- Work closely with financial analysts to gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
- Proficient in a broad range of reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, Cognos BI etc.) and make appropriate trade-off decisions. Defines stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects.
- Understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, and dependencies of your team’s software, including hardware platform, operating system and build dependencies.
- Report on the status of projects in a timely and accurate fashion using available metrics. Take ownership of problems, propose solutions, and either take ownership for their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner.
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in MS Power BI data model (M, DAX) and Power BI report development as well as Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate) experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with data warehouse databases and ETL development
- Proven SQL & Query writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourceful and innovative: the candidate is not afraid to dive into the data or research business operational context to design the best visualizations to support financial insights
- Good grasp of finance & accounting concepts, financial reporting best practices
- Hands-on working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Python
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Ability to document business requirements and translate into technical reporting specifications
- Ability to collaborate with other report developers, data warehouse developers, and source system IT teams