Great opportunity for a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in Northern Virginia offering Work from Home with a Government Contractor! For this direct hire position, with a $300M and growing firm, we are seeking a corporate finance and planning analyst/manager who is energetic, has a positive “can do” attitude, has a strong work ethic, is proactive, expert in financial modeling / analysis / data science / analytics. Great team to work with and you have a relative blank slate to work your magic in Excel for analytics, PowerPoint for presentations, and other tools we assess and implement. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer who is fantastic!
Looking for a corporate finance and planning analyst who is energetic, has a positive “can do” attitude, has a strong work ethic, is proactive, expert in financial modeling / analysis / data science / analytics. Great team to work with and you have a relative blank slate to work your magic in Excel for analytics, PowerPoint for presentations, and other tools we assess and implement.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the Federal leadership team. The selected candidate will need to work closely with project control, accounting, and program personnel. Flexibility in work from home time however local to Washington, DC / Virginia / Maryland area preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design, develop, and maintain dynamic financial reporting tools to provide analytics and increase accuracy and improve efficiency of financial reporting
- Prepare financial presentations in Excel and PowerPoint
- Develop / Consolidate / Analyze financial reporting packages and variance analysis monthly, quarterly, and annual results
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting updates
- Drive the annual budgeting process along with Budget vs Actual monthly analysis
- Develop and track analysis to identify, evaluate, and quantify risks and opportunities across all lines of business
- Assist with projects relating to financial reporting/accounting operations initiatives, as assigned.
- Provides and supports information requests related to the interim and year-end consolidated financial statements
- Create standard and ad hoc reports to effectively communicate business performance
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure financial reporting integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance required; Master’s Degree a plus (Accounting/Finance focus preferred)
- 7+ years related experience
- Familiarity with Government Contracting, FAR
- Experience with accounting systems, databases, and reporting tools – Deltek Costpoint, COGNOS preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced user of MS Excel
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and interacting with multiple departments
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated high level of strategic thinking and business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively across the organization with management, other team members, and customers
- Ability to respond to changing requirements.
- Critical Thinking – Evaluate and interpret data, facts, and information to create unique and creative solutions; open to learning new ideas/skills; flexible and excited by a challenge.
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to communicate effectively with different people in varying fields and positions.
- Teamwork – Work collaboratively with members of the team
- Organizational Proficiency – Plan, prioritize, and achieve goals to maximize the impact of the role.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Able to cope and adjust with the changing priorities and disruptions.
- Drive – Motivated to succeed and be a part of the success of the Federal mission of giving back to our Shareholders, providing consistent excellence in execution.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background screening.