Check out this amazing Systems Administrator opportunity to partner with an award winning construction company!
Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Beltsville, MD
Job Type: Direct Hire
Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years in-depth experience in Systems & Network Administration operating in a Windows, VMware, and Meraki environment. Good oral & written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Candidate must be goal-orientated and proactive with a relentless focus on results. In addition, the candidate must have demonstrated the ability to quickly and independently get projects done on short deadlines while focused on details and quality of work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to and works under the direction of the IT Director.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to end-user problems and inquires
- Installs, configures, and maintains desktop systems & peripherals, operating systems, and various desktop applications in a multiple network environment.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Apple iOS devices, Meraki SM, and VoIP phones.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems with workstation hardware, operating systems, network connectivity, applications, mobile devices, and VoIP phones within specified guidelines.
- Responsible for all hardware and software maintenance of systems running Windows Server or VMware, including installation, integration, and migration to new software and hardware.
- Responsible for data security, data integrity, and data availability of assigned systems.
- Establish platform performance criteria and implements procedures for monitoring, tuning, and reporting system performance.
- Tracks resource use and forecast capacity requirements well in advance of actual need.
- Ensure assigned projects are well defined, meet a specific business requirement, are within budgetary constraints, and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide analytic, diagnostic, and problem resolution services for business systems. Provide accurate and frequent updates of all assigned projects to the IT Director.
- Provide on-call support for assigned production systems as required. Other duties as assigned.
- MCSE in Windows Server 2016 or equivalent.
- 5 years experience managing appropriate networked systems and applications.
- 5 years experience performing diagnostic and analytical services on networked systems.
- 5 years direct end-user support of applications and hardware.
- Must be able to lift heavy computer equipment up to 35 lbs. (e.g. Network Printers).
- Detailed knowledge and administrating Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, and vmWare vSphere 6.5 / vCenter 6.7.
- Detailed knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10 Pro).
- Thorough implementation knowledge and managing of Microsoft’s Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, IAS, IIS, DHCP, File Services, Certificate Services, WSUS, WDS, and RDS.
- Experience installing, maintaining, and upgrading Dell Servers & Storage Systems. Experience installing, deploying, and maintaining Symantec Endpoint Protection, Veeam Backup & Replication, Meraki System Manager.
- Possess extensive knowledge of various applications, including Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Teams (Office365), and SQL