Check out this ETL Engineer opportunity to partner with a large federal agency located in Alexandria, VA!
Title: ETL Engineer
Location: Hybrid - Alexandria, VA
Job Type: Direct Hire
The qualified applicant will perform complex analysis, design, development, and unit testing of software applications and play a key role in the DW cloud migration as part of the Enterprise Data Analytics and Services program for a large federal agency in Alexandria, VA.
- Design, develop, validate, and troubleshoot the ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx for analysis, forecasting, and report delivery and update the current SAS DI studio jobs to migrate the data to the cloud using Alteryx.
- Design and develop workflows consuming and publishing to API endpoints
- Create and update documentation like best practices, technical specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, and design documents
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, automate manual processes, optimize data delivery process, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Guide in implementing the cloud migration architecture, strategy, and roadmap
- Write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx
- Create Alteryx-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Configure and manage project permissions, provide periodic reports on Alteryx and Server usage
- Document and Publish Alteryx workbooks and data extracts/ Alteryx workflows/ apps/macros
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the IT industry and focus on data
- Experience with ETL tools ex: Informatica, SAS, Data Stage, and Ab Initio would be useful.
- Hands-on skills and work experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx such as Parsing, Transforms, and Predictive
- Scripting knowledge & experience (Shell scripts, Python, PowerShell)
- Good understanding of design, development, unit testing, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, software release, and change management
- Good understanding of data models and data warehousing
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services, including Compute, Storage Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity, and Compliance
- Experience with other ETL tools a plus (SAS DI Studio, Informatica, AWS Glue & Talend)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust Clearance