Senior Human Resources Generalist
This person will be onsite at our Maryland location approximately 3 days a week and remote/as needed approximately 2 days a week.
Human Resources Generalist
Our Human Resources Generalist is responsible for various Human Resources and recruiting functions with a heavy focus on employee relations and engagement. This includes a variety of responsibilities such as: recruiting and onboarding, employee investigations, trainings, and benefits administration.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications we ask you to have:
- First point of contact for general HR related inquiries at our MCP OPCO facility
- Responsible to applying all HR policies and company guidelines and ensuring company compliance to include employee handbook overview, policies, employment documents, and benefit enrollment
- Educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees
- Address employee grievances; conduct investigations when necessary
- In coordination with HR Director, take appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate policies
- Assist with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online, phone screens and scheduling candidate interviews.
- Manage the recruiting platforms and keeps platforms up to date with each candidate's status and relevant notes
- Process background checks and drug screens
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed
- Assist in managing workers' compensation injury claims
- File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of statuses, and dates of and reasons for terminations
- Partner with stakeholders to create and implement company policies and procedures
- Answer questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits and other pertinent information
- Perform other duties as assigned
Addition skills which will help you excel in your role:
- For legal reasons, all employees need to be at least 21 years of age.
- You will be asked to pass a Federal and State criminal history background check.
- You will be asked to pass a drug screen following procedures set forth in COMAR 17.04.09.04-.08.
- We ask that you have a Bachelors degree.
- We ask that you have at least 4 years of HR Generalist experience.
This is not your average desk job! Please make sure you are willing and able to perform the following:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers.
- Strong work ethics - be accountable and proactive.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a high production environment!
- Ability to foster collaboration and team environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
- This position requires an inordinate amount of sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting and reaching in full range of motion to complete physical tasks
- Must be capable of sitting for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (FT Employees)
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Employee Assistance Plan