Our client is a publicly traded REIT in the DC metro area. They are looking to add a Financial Reporting Manager on to their team. This position will be responsible for preparing and reviewing all SEC financial reports. It will report to the Director of Financial Reporting. The work environment is a hybrid schedule, 2-3 days a week in office. CPA required. Salary for this role is $150k, but flexible depending on experience
- Manage the preparation and review of SEC filings and internal financial reports.
- Supervising the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and variance analysis.
- Drafting quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q and 10-K, to include financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis and all other required SEC disclosures. Incorporate feedback from internal reviewers, SEC counsel and external auditors.
- Drafting current reports on Form 8-K, as needed.
- Overseeing the preparation of any property audits and pro forma financial statements required by the SEC under Regulation SX 3-14.
- Drafting quarterly earnings release financial statements and supplemental schedules in collaboration with the Investor Relations and Property Accounting teams.
- Reviewing XBRL tagging for completeness and accuracy
- Assisting in the implementation of new accounting requirements or SEC disclosure requirements in coordination with the accounting policy team and external auditors.
- Reviewing system-generated reports for completeness and accuracy and overseeing the development and implementation of new or modified financial reports.
SOX and Corporate Compliance
- Manage the company’s SOX certification process and oversee corporate compliance.
- Communicating and enforcing timelines for completion of certifications by process owners.
- Coordinating the Walkthrough meetings and related PBC requests with the external and internal auditors.
- the preparation of the annual Proxy Statement and ensuring its timely filing.
- Overseeing the timely filing of Form 4 reports and ensuring the company remains compliant with all NYSE listing requirements.
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes Oxley and proven mastery of US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Thoughtful problem-solver with the ability to identify issues, assess strategic solutions, develop new processes and procedures, and execute against those new processes and procedures.
- BA/BS in Accounting. CPA required and Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience within real estate, construction or property management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.