Cordia is partnered with a well-established and growing non-profit who is seeking a Controller
to join their team on a contract basis! Details below.
Hybrid - Tysons, VA
The ideal candidate will have proven non-profit experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role.
As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our client's budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years proven accounting experience
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CGA, or CA
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- 5+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- CPA highly preferred
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.