Cordia is partnered with a mission-driven non-profit organization who is seeking a Staff Accountant
to join their team on a contract basis with the potential for contract to hire. Details below!
Hybrid - Silver Spring, MD
$30.00 - $35.00/hour
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, set up new accounts
- Undertakes deposits, verifies deposits, codes deposits from the bank into Quickbooks including donations, ACHs and promises to give and address inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are paid in a timely fashion and charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors and accounting firms with key data, reports, and records as well as other forms of assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Reconciles monthly expense reports and ensures receipts are coded and filed
- Issue select payments outside of the electronic bill pay system
- Manages and tracks petty cash
- Run regular reports and ensure consistent and correct coding in line with budget line items
- In Collaboration with Accounting Firm, assist with filing tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- In Collaboration with Accounting Firm, assist with managing the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, bill.com or similar software, and accounting software.
- Familiarity with payroll and time management.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field, is required.
- At least three years of related experience are required.
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.