Check out this amazing Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor
opportunity to partner with a multinational commercial energy corporation on a temp-to-hire basis. Details Below - Apply Today!
Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor
Hourly Rate: $35.00 - $40.00/hour
Position Location: Hybrid - Bethesda, MD
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Start Date: Immediately
Prior experience with Oracle and Concur is highly preferred!
In this role, you will manage all aspects of accounts payable and supervise one staff. You will also oversee the SAP Concur application, support the Company’s quarterly SOX 404 process for Accounts Payable, and support the Company’s external and internal audits.
Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of accounts payable, ensuring the accurate coding and processing of invoices, proper matching to purchase orders, proper approval of invoices in accordance with the Company’s delegation of authority policies and accurate and timely payment to vendors.
- Review work product of supervised staff and provide training as required.
- Oversee month-end closing of accounts payable including reconciliation of the accounts payable subledger, in accordance with the Company’s monthly closing timetable.
- Accumulate and summarize month-end invoice and purchase order accruals.
- Oversee the processing and auditing of employee expense reports via SAP Concur, resolve discrepancies, process reimbursements and ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Act as customer service representative to business managers and suppliers, researching and resolving issues related to invoices.
- Create/maintain formal policies and procedures for the accounts payable function and ensure adherence to all AP-related key controls, policies and procedures.
- Oversee AP-related tax compliance (e.g., issuance of 1099s).
- Responsible for related SOX compliance including preparation of documentation (narratives and flowcharts) and execution of testing.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of related Oracle Fusion functionality: evaluate implications of any new functionality, prepare test scripts, perform and document testing, and evaluate implications on internal controls.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics for accounts payable.
- Identify areas for system improvements, enhancements or functionality adjustments and coordinate the submission and resolution with IT or external IT provider.
- Support external and internal audit requests and inquiries, as well as respond to requests from the Company’s tax department.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience with financial and reporting systems
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Accounts Payable, with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated direct supervision
- Experience in month-end closing including invoice and purchasing accruals
- Knowledge of internal controls testing and documentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Degree in Accounting
- Professional certification a plus
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Cloud and SAP Concur
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to meet strict closing and reporting deadlines consistent with a publicly traded company
- Identify and support implementation of process improvements
- Manage multiple priorities/projects effectively
- Coordinate with multiple departments and levels of management including offsite locations
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our consulting team to benefit from our best-in-class Consultant Care program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.