Cordia is partnered with a premier financial servicing non-profit who is seeking an Accountant (Cash Management)
to join their team on a contract basis with the potential for contract to hire.
Accountant (Cash Management)
Washington, DC - fully on-site during the first month, then transitions to hybrid
Contract / Contract To Hire
In this role, you will provide active management and oversight of the clients investment portfolio to maximize performance of the fund. You will be responsible for monitoring interest income, maturities of laddered investments in order to expedite the timely reinvestment of funds, and full cycle cash management including all banking, electronic payments (ACH, wires, interbank transfers), and account reconciliation.
- CPA is required for contract to hire
- CPA is highly preferred for contract
- Manage investment portfolio of U.S. Treasury securities, which includes the timely reinvestment of matured U.S. Treasury securities into new securities to maximize investment performance to meet BOD objectives.
- Construct the daily cash report to monitor the cash position on a daily basis, including identifying cash flows from varied transactions and determining all cash needs.
- Determine sale and purchase of securities to meet cash needs and investment objectives.
- Calculate amortizations for all purchases of U.S. Treasury securities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with broker-dealers, utilizing on-line trading sites in order to expedite trades.
- Initiate securities sales and purchases, via secured access, on Bloomberg.
- Initiate delivery and payment instructions with Federal Reserve.
- Provide budget calculations for all investment and banking-related accounts.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and explanation for interest income.
- Initiate all wire requests with Federal Reserve, CitiDirect and CitiBusiness.
- Drafts memos to Board of Directors and senior management regarding investment portfolio status, performance and strategy.
- Calculate semi-monthly fund estimates using fair market value of treasuries portfolio and current cash position.
- Prepares financial statements, balance sheets, and text discussing financial performance of the organization and investment portfolio for annual report.
- Researches investment alternatives, including extending portfolios into different types of securities to assess performance of current investment strategy.
- Monthly audit and reconciliation of all collections entered into GICX system with Citi Check21 accounts; research and resolve all returned checks, foreign checks and their associated fees, as well as checks sent in error.
- Monthly reconciliation of all payroll entries to BOA payroll account.
- Review the client as Trustee bank reconciliations.
- Various projects as assigned, such as assisting with lease negotiations and renewal.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (MBA or CPA preferred).
- Five plus years of relevant full-cycle cash management experience.
- Experience interacting with broker-dealers and banking officers.
- Ability to perform necessary level of calculations and analysis required to prepare financial reports and accounting records.
- Experience with online banking systems and online trading site
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.