Cordia Resources is partnered with the world's largest trade association representing biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers who is seeking a Revenue/AR Manager
to join their team on a temporary basis.
Hybrid - Washington, DC
$50.00 - $75.00/hour
Prior experience using Salesforce is required!
Prior experience within the non-profit industry and Sage Intacct is preferred
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Manage the Coordinator of Accounts Receivable, including reviewing day to day tasks, provide feedback, professional development, and performance reviews.
- Oversee the processing and application of payments received from multiple bank accounts and ensure proper posting to several software systems. Payments include checks, credit cards, wires, and ACH’s.
- Process all receipts for the client's PAC, including credit cards, checks and PayPal contributions.
- Process all receipts for Affiliate companies, including checks and wires/ACH’s, as well as prepare invoices and reconcile accounts receivable.
- Assist with handling inquiries from cardholders and processing institutions about charges and chargebacks. Manage all aspects of credit card merchant accounts.
- Liaise with both staff and external customers to address questions on cash receipts.
- Create orders as needed for special projects and various departments.
- Manage revenue recognition for incoming payments to ensure it is recognized appropriately in the respective software system for the client and Affiliate companies.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls appropriate to accounts receivable, ensuring the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Assist with implementation and testing of new programs and software, streamlining processes and upgrades.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and compile reports, as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts receivable, deferred revenue, revenue, unapplied cash receipts, and overpayment credit accounts for the client and Affiliate companies.
- Conduct an annual internal audit of the exhibits, sponsorship, and registration area for the annual convention. In addition, conduct internal audits for the membership area as needed.
- Work closely with the various departmental staff on tracking and collection of all receivables, including advertising, membership, sponsorship, exhibits, registration, and special projects.
- Assist with annual audits of the client and Affiliate companies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
Education and Experience Required:
- Proficient in accounts receivable and general accounting principles, including an understanding of the general ledger and structure.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information effectively.
- Proficient in using computers, especially in Excel and PC-based Accounting Software Systems, including Sage Intacct and Salesforce.
- Strong organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail to ensure all transactions are processed correctly and accurately.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or leader, as well as independently.
- Ability to work directly with all levels of leadership.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
6-8 years of hands-on Accounts Receivable experience
Coordinator, Accounts Receivable
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.