The Sr. Informatica Application Developer is a hands-on development and management position responsible for a team of ETL resources. Acts as liaison between IT groups and proactively provides status reports to management and seeks prioritization as needed. Works closely with business users and IT teams to determine functional and technical requirements. Develops task lists, project plans and estimates based on functional and technical requirements. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex ETL and SQL logic. Provide ongoing production support.
- Supervision and mentoring of staff; providing training, direction and allocating and monitoring work.
- Perform and oversee development, quality assurance reviews, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support for the Enterprise Data Warehouse and ETL processes.
- Investigate production ETL issues and work to determine the root cause of problems.
- Provides input to development project plans.
- Development of Data Models and processes
- Responsible for time scheduling, properly building jobs with appropriate failure notifications, and properly maintaining adequately documented run books of the jobs.
- Review business requests for data design and data usage.
- Work with business to gather/analyze requirements to determine extent of reporting and/or interface needs.
- Ensure warehouse and database functions are in accordance with Data Governance policies as set forth by policies and standards.
- Monitor work queues, assign, prioritize and coordinate activities of the Data Integration team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design solutions.
- Ensure consistency with existing databases and warehouses, enforcement of standards and consistent processes.
- Work with the release management team to ensure that proper change management process is performed, as well as planning deployment timelines to avoid emergency migrations.
- Will be involved in 24x7 production support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working with enterprise data warehouse projects.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Informatica PowerCenter.
- Minimum 3 years of Informatica Cloud Service (IICS).
- Experience with Web Services and APIs with IICS.
- Experience leading a team by assigning work, managing schedules, overseeing development, and provide mentoring.
- Experience with SQL Tools such as Toad/SQL Navigator.
- Extensive experience working with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Excellent organizational, oral, written, and presentational communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Extensive data warehousing/business intelligence development and architecture experience.
- Experience with Scheduling tools.
- Experience with project planning and management, including making operational decisions, monitoring progress, taking corrective action, and communicating results.
- Candidate must have a strong customer service orientation.