CORDIA Resources is a locally owned, top-ranked Accounting, Consulting and Recruiting leader, run by prominent ex-CFOs, Accounting Firm Partners, and well-known Recruiting Veterans. Our proven Executive and Professional Permanent Search Team identifies, recruits and places top talent across the Washington, DC Region.
One of our exciting clients - an active, hyper-growth, real estate/construction/development firm - is adapting to huge growth plans by hiring a new Director of Strategic Finance/FP&A to support its Executive Team. This is a CFO Path.
In this unique position, this individual will lead project-based and long-term financial planning and analysis supporting investment strategy, management of owned assets, and portfolio growth planning. The role will influence the strategic direction of core business as well as evaluate alternative growth channels. She/he will be accountable for all aspects of FP&A, including annual and long-term financial planning activities, cost optimization, resource allocation, operational reviews, analytical support, strategic financial modelling, and executive reporting to senior leaders and investors. This individual will, additionally, support investor reporting, partner closely with asset management and business partners.
Total compensation is fair, competitive and unique. Email to email@example.com
- Monitor business performance and construct proper analytics and processes
- Provide insight into latest trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Oversee annual asset valuations (across all assets) to include funding for future projects through planned dispositions.
- Assist CFO with periodic portfolio and asset review of performance, modifications to refinance and disposition strategy and asset reporting for internal business plan review.
- Apply detailed knowledge of economic environment, company-wide priorities, and financial markets toward the completion of ongoing and ad-hoc analysis.
- Play and integral role in underwriting and diligence of new acquisitions to ensure business plans and projections are aligned.
- Partner with broker, investors, lenders etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external project managers to create and execute capital budget plans encompassing major renovations and report on ROI.
FP&A Operations & Executive Reporting
- Diagnose and influence the key drivers of the business.
- Provide detailed feedback, insight, and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs.
- Optimize processes and implement systems to automate and improve accuracy of financial reporting and analysis.
- Assist Asset Management and CFO with planning, budgeting, and forecasting process across the portfolio.
- Assist CFO and Senior Leadership with maintaining and improving company’s reporting and analytical systems
- Provide decision support through modelling and analysis.
- Assist with Quarterly Investor Reporting
- Report on performance, business plan execution, distribution targets and investment returns.
- Create and present forecasting and financial/operational dashboards to executive management on a consistent basis (KPI Portfolio Evaluation).
- Assist CFO with other functions to enhance overall governance and funding process for key corporate initiatives, including the development of business cases to drive optimal investment decisions.
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7+ years' within corporate finance/FP&A
- Real Estate industry required
- Proven financial analysis experience, preferably with hospitality industry experience
- Proven leader, enterprising spirit, savvy, creative
- Offer strong leadership skills, be ready to develop relationships, and establish trust with everyone.
- Strong project management skills!
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (financial modeling and analysis techniques)
- Exposure to Business Central, Jet Reporting, Power BI, Microsoft CRM or Juniper Square is helpful/preferred
- Strong drive for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment
Cordia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.