Our client is a $2B Tech company located in Northern VA, looking to add a Senior Accountant to their growing Accounting Dept. This person will be exposed to many different layers of the business, including financial reporting, assisting in the audit and general month end responsibilities. This position reports to an awesome Director of Accounting. They are in their brand new, fully renovated office 3 days a week. Salary range depending on experience is $90k-$105k
- Prepare accrual and other journal entries with supporting documentation in accordance with best practices.
- Support consolidated and/or statutory audits by preparing deliverables and responding to audit inquiries and issues.
- Prepare financial statement footnotes, monthly fluctuation analyses, and controller package schedules.
- Conduct account analysis and research to interpret and ensure accuracy and understanding of account activity.
- Prepare various complex reconciliations, schedules, and reports.
- Use accounting knowledge to provide correcting entries for reconciling items and work to minimize such items on a go-forward basis.
- Support Accounting Operations team by performing general activities in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standard.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring with peers.
- Identify ways to build efficiencies into current processes.
- Participate in projects on accounting related matters with IT and other organizations.
- Must be a collaborate teammate who is supportive of co-workers and contributes to problem solving.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance
- At least three years of demonstrated accounting experience
- Familiarity with U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC and other accounting and reporting standards
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation skills required
- A self-starter with strong motivation, initiative and ability to work independently or collaboratively to meet deadlines