Cordia is partnered with a top for-profit company that is a vertically integrated operator of single-family rental housing targeting low- and moderate-income (LMI) households. They are seeking an Accounts Receivable (AR) Accountant
to join their team on a 2-3 month contract basis. Details below!
Accounts Receivable (AR) Accountant
Hybrid - Baltimore, MD
Contract (2-3 Months)
Our client is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Accounts Receivable Accountant to join our property management team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of accounts receivable processes, ensure accuracy, and maintain timely collections. The role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. As an Accounts Receivable Accountant, you will play a vital role in maintaining financial stability and contributing to the overall success of our real estate operations.
If you are passionate about accounting processes and are looking to start your career in the field, we invite you to apply for the Real Estate Accounts Receivables Accountant position. Join their team and contribute to the ongoing success of their properties and the satisfaction of our residents. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the accounts receivable process for multiple properties under management.
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely invoices to tenants, clients, and partners in accordance with lease agreements and property management contracts.
- Process and record incoming payments, ensuring proper allocation and adherence to established accounting procedures.
- Review, post, and monitor tenant bill backs.
- Provide professional, responsive accounting support to internal customers, property managers, tenants, and vendors.
- Input tenants and set up new properties in Appfolio.
- Assist with financial planning and analysis including budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct regular account reconciliations to identify and resolve discrepancies and maintain accurate tenant ledgers.
- Investigate and follow up on overdue payments, implementing appropriate collection actions while maintaining positive relationships with tenants and clients.
- Collaborate with the finance team, department management, and asset managers to determine the correct ledgers monthly.
- Work with property managers and leasing teams to address billing inquiries, resolve payment discrepancies, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Generate financial reports, statements, and analyses related to accounts receivable for management review.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and changes in accounting regulations related to property management accounts receivable functions.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Support the finance team in ad-hoc projects, process improvements, and system enhancements related to property management accounting.
- Reconcile bank activity to the general ledger monthly.
- Prepare weekly AR reports for business team leads and department management.
- Review corporate workflows in Documentum and provide disposition instructions to Finance Team.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts receivable or general accounting roles, preferably in the property management or real estate industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations, with a focus on property management accounting.
- Proficiency in using property management software, accounting software, and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Has experience in using property management software, accounting software, and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data entry and analysis.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced property management environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with property management teams, tenants, and external stakeholders.
- Problem-solving mindset and ability to work independently, making sound decisions in complex accounts receivable and property management accounting situations.