Our client is an East Coast-based Hotel Management Firm, highly successful and growing its portfolio past 150 hotels is seeking a new on-property, full-service Director of Finance (DOF) for a beautiful new full-service property located in downtown Pittsburgh. This is a large, branded, 400+ room hotel with many attractive amenities. This position is fully onsite five days a week and salary will go to $130k depending on experience.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required to management and ownership.
- Accurate and timely preparation of cash-flow statements, management of receivables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement strategies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure Hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Coordinate the completion of all forecasts and budgets as required, with the full and active participation of EC Team and department managers.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the Hotels’ financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Direct and/or prepare all financial reports in accordance with requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines:
- Review Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure proper backup exists.
- Ensure that all cashier banks are counted.
- Count the main vault.
- Review “Key Financial Controls” Checklist to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Review actual numbers to forecast for discrepancies in forecasting to improve accuracy in future months.
- Participate in the monthly Credit Meeting.
- Actively participate, complete and review the forecast with Department Heads prior to submission to corporate.
- Complete the Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) bi-annually.
- Conduct a surprise payroll audit bi-annually.
- Actively participate, complete and review the annual budget with Department Heads prior to submission.
- Prepare all analysis that may be required by ownership and outside accounting firms.
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency: Executive Committee, Sales & Service, Financial Review, Departmental Budget & Forecast, Credit & Collection Business Review Meeting
- Ensure and monitor that the hotel is in compliance with all report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing their solutions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the professional attire and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- 5+ years of experience in hotel, RE, property accounting or related field
- Four (4) year college degree is preferred
- Full-service hotel finance leadership required
- Independent hotel training preferred
- Strong PMS/property systems preferred
- MS Excel skills
- Management skills
- Sense of ownership, an operational knack for success and an eye for numbers
For immediate consideration, please send resume to email@example.com