Fantastic growing Northern Virginia Government Contractor seeking a Senior Accounting Manager as a direct hire with 50% remote if they desire! As the Accounting Manager (using Deltek Costpoint) you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and financial controls. Company has a great Senior Leadership team, collaborative and supportive environment, strong benefits and flexibility, and is in ultra growth mode. They are the poster child of stability, and the position will have the ability to become the Controller in the future due to succession planning. If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
Overview of Company and Position:
Accounting Manager - Senior Level (Hybrid schedule)
Senior Accounting Manager who will oversee the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and financial controls. In this position, you will primarily, manage the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll staff and processes of the organization.
- They are ~$150M now and are on track to double in 5 years. They have been winning just about everything they put out recently.
- Position is open due to Growth and succession planning.
- Reports into a GREAT Controller who has a wealth of Gov Con knowledge.
- Candidates must have Costpoint experience.
- Oversees 4 staff with some great performers.
- Very collaborative team and they enjoy working with each other.
- They have lots of growth in the future.
Position require U.S. Citizenship.
- Work in a corporate office type environment.
- Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Manage and direct accounting staff in the timely completion and accuracy of the month-end and year-end general ledger close.
- Manage and provide coaching, training, and guidance to senior and staff accountants – provide ongoing development.
- Review and ensure accurate posting to the general ledger all accounting transactions, i.e., cash receipts, accounts payable vouchers and disbursements, and journal entries.
- Review and provide accounting staff feedback of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring employee requests for Deltek Costpoint timesheet and expense report issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Review, test for compliance, and provide recommendations to improve existing policy and procedures.
- Support and/or manage various external financial audits, including support of the Annual Single Audit.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Form 990 Tax return, related schedules and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual Incurred Cost Submission and Incurred Cost Submission audit.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal tax and government reporting requirements; as well as assist with resolving any tax discrepancies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of indirect rates in a government contracting environment, project cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Provide support to the Controller as needed with monthly financial and quarterly management analysis and reporting.
- Important skills required of the individual:
- Effective supervisory/management skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with multiple levels of management
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 6-8+ years of progressive Accounting Experience in Government Accounting
- Thorough understanding of Payroll and related employee tax requirements
- Supervisory experience managing the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll staff and processes of the organization
- Experience using Deltek 8.1; specifically, all applications in the Accounting module, Projects, People, and T&E modules, as well Business Intelligence Reporting
- Technical requirements:
- Strong knowledge of government contractor accounting and project finance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, OMB Uniform Guidance, Internal Controls, and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, TEAMS and/or Webex.
- Ability to quickly adapt to company policies and processes to effectively lead accounting team.