Hiring!!! Our client, an exciting Private Equity backed Tech/Software/AI/Social Media company is seeking an Accounting Manager open due to growth! The role is remote but the client would prefer someone on the East Coast-Company is based in Boston. This role will report to the Controller who is fantastic and be responsible for monthly close, financial reporting, Internal Controls, Audit Support, and managing 2 Senior Accountants. NetSuite software experience a plus but not required-other large ERP systems are fine. Salary around $150K-$170K + equity shares. If interested in this VERY exciting position and company, and are an A player, please contact me at Mantine@cordiaresources.com or apply today!
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be a business builder and scaler who will actively manage the financial operations of the organization, ensuring all financial records are accurate and technically compliant. The ideal candidate will have experience in companies with multiple product lines and cross-border intercompany activity, as well as a proven track record of success in private equity & public company environments.
If you are an experienced Accounting Manager with a proven track record of success in private equity-backed companies and companies with multiple product lines and complex tax structures, we encourage you to apply. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company and make a significant impact on its financial success and growth.
The following are the key responsibilities and duties of the Accounting Manager:
- $70M PE backed Tech/Social Media Platform/AI and Brand campaigns/Cloud Platform.
- Employees: 200 – 250 ish
- PE Backed
- Prefer East Coast candidates.
- Software: Netsuite is what they use – but other ERP systems are fine.
- Accounting Manager is newly created position for their growth. CPA is not required on Accounting Manager but nice to have. Accounting Manager manages two senior accountants. Accounting Manger MUST have some International Experience as they do business in England and Canada.
- Tech/SaaS background is great to have but not required.
- Need candidates who are open to change as tech companies by nature pivot and change course sometimes. They are in scale/growth mode.
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- Monthly Close: Manage all aspects of the organization’s monthly close process across three operational entities and one holding company. Maintain the monthly close process and train team members on close tasks and responsibilities. Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled timely.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the management team and external stakeholders. Respond to financial inquiries from internal and external stakeholders. Monthly financial reports include consolidated income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow.
- Accounting Policies and Procedures: In collaboration with the Controller, develop and implement standard accounting policies and procedures compliant with US GAAP. Ensure accounting policies are consistently applied across all business units. Train the accounting team and other departments (as necessary) on the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Tax Compliance: Support external tax advisors to ensure the organization is compliant with all tax laws and regulations. Ensure sales and use tax returns are filed accurately and timely.
- Managing the Accounting Team: Lead and manage the accounting team by coaching and developing the Senior Accountants.
- Internal Controls; Ensure the organization has effective internal controls and segregation of duties in place to prevent fraud and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Audit Support: Work closely with external auditors to provide necessary documentation and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years of leading and managing a team
- Experience in companies with multiple product lines and multiple entities across borders.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with other departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- An individual with a preference to automate.
- Track record of successful implementing and upgrading systems preferred.
- NetSuite experience preferred.
- SaaS experience preferred.