Cordia is partnered with a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to helping federal and state agencies and other organizations improve health outcomes for vulnerable and publicly insured populations. They are currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Grants Administrator/Accountant to join their team on a contract to hire basis. This role will play a crucial part in their financial and grant management operations, ensuring the efficient and compliant administration of grants, especially federal grants.
Title: Grants Administrator/Accountant
Location: Hybrid - Arlington, VA (1 day on-site)
Hourly Rate: $40.00 - $50.00/hour
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
As a Grants Administrator/Accountant, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of grants, from initial application to post-award financial management, ensuring compliance with grantor regulations. Your key responsibilities will include
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant applications, ensuring all required documentation is accurate and submitted on time.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for grantors, detailing the allocation of funds and program outcomes.
- Collaborate with program managers to develop grant budgets and ensure adherence to approved budgets.
- Monitor expenditures, track financial progress, and address budget variances.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of federal and state grant regulations and ensure compliance in all grant-related activities.
- Work closely with auditors and regulatory agencies to facilitate grant-related audits.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date grant records, ensuring all documentation is readily accessible for audits or reporting.
- Analyze financial data related to grants and identify potential cost-saving opportunities or areas for financial improvement.
- Utilize grant management software to track grants, submissions, and reporting deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Previous experience in grants administration, with a strong understanding of grant application processes, financial management, and compliance.
- Experience working with federal grants and a strong understanding of federal grant regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An understanding of the non-profit sector and its financial practices is a plus.