Cordia is partnered with a $50M construction firm who is seeking an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
to join their team on a permanent basis. Details below.
Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Hybrid - Silver Spring, MD
$60,000 - $65,000
- Process all vendors/Subcontractors Purchase orders and invoices on a weekly basis. Invoices are to be processed in compliance with the company’s payment policy.
- Generate the cash requirements report each week and submit for review.
- Scan all PO’s and invoices to Dropbox.
- Process checks and prepare for mailing and send out in a timely fashion.
- File all back-up PO’s/invoices with checks to ensure filing does not fall behind.
- Assist in managing Certificates of Insurance as well as all Business Licenses for subcontractors and assist with managing all subcontractor and supplier agreements.
- Respond and provide accurate information for all W/C and GL audits, as well as any external audit requests.
- Work with purchasing department to maintain W-9’s and vendor files, ensuring proper reporting at year end.
- Prepare and issue required 1099’s by January 31 each year.
- Manage all utilities statements/invoices to ensure proper coding and billing.
- Work with purchasing departments to assist in resolving vendor disputes/discrepancies.
- Provide excellent customer service to all vendors and internal employees.
- At least three years of Accounts Payable experience
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to learn new accounting software systems.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.