Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a national pharmaceutical company who is seeking a Senior Accountant
with strong financial reporting experience to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Hybrid/Remote - Richmond, VA
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for helping with year end activities and financial reporting/technical accounting initiatives on a contract basis.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Month-, Quarter-, and Year-End Close Activities
- Calculate adjustments as needed
- Financial reporting activities including drafting footnotes and updating SEC requirements
- Interacting with auditors as needed
- Researching technical accounting practices as they apply to special cases
- Managing the process of XBRL tagging for SEC filings
- Coordinating and working closely with Internal Audit and external auditors
- Maintaining a strong control environment, enforcing internal control over financial reporting and accounting
- Preparing monthly General Ledger entries, reconciliations and analyses to facilitate a timely close
Candidates should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 5+ years general ledger accounting experience
- 3+ years of technical accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, or other large ERP system experience
- Experience in Excel with macros, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- “Can Do” attitude