Fantastic growing Northern Virginia Government Contractor (One of our BEST clients) seeking a Senior Accounting Manager as a direct hire with 50% remote if they desire! As the Accounting Manager (using Deltek Costpoint) you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and financial controls. Company has a great Senior Leadership team, collaborative and supportive environment, strong benefits and flexibility, and is in ultra growth mode. They are the poster child of stability, and the position will have the ability to become the Controller in the future due to succession planning. If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
Overview of Company and Position:
1. Very high tech R&D Nonprofit/Government Contractor.
2. They are ~$220M now and are on track to double in 5 years. They have been winning just about everything they put out recently.
3. Position is open due to Growth
4. Reports into a GREAT Controller who has wealth of Gov Con knowledge.
5. Candidates must have Costpoint experience.
6. Must have strong management background as this position oversees 4 staff.
7. Very collaborative team and they enjoy working with each other.
8. 3 days in 2 work from home – Arlington office.
9. Most likely moving to Fair Lakes/Fairfax next summer.
10. They have lots of growth in the future.
Accounting Manager will oversee the day-to-day transactional accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting procedures and financial controls. Reporting to the Controller, in this position, you will primarily, manage the month-end and year-end closing processes, supervise the general ledger, fixed assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll staff and ensure all accounting policies of the organization are followed.
• Work in a corporate office type environment.
• Hybrid Work Arrangement (50% (3 days/wk) on site required at the Arlington office)
This requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Manage and direct accounting staff in the timely completion and accuracy of the month-end and year-end general ledger close
• Review and ensure accurate posting to the general ledger for all accounting transactions, i.e., invoices, cash receipts, accounts payable vouchers, disbursements, and journal entries
• Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations resolving variance issues timely
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal tax and government reporting requirements; as well as assist with resolving any tax discrepancies
• Responsible for ensuring employee requests for Deltek Costpoint timesheet and expense report issues are addressed and resolved timely
• Monthly, review and test transactions for compliance with policies and procedures, and provide recommendations to improve existing policy and procedures
• Support various external financial audits, including support of the OMB Single Audit
• Assist with the preparation of Annual Form 990 Tax return, related schedules and supporting documentation
• Support the preparation of the annual Incurred Cost Submission and various DCAA Audits
• Provide support to the Controller as needed with monthly financial and quarterly management analysis and reporting
• Manage and provide coaching, training, and guidance to accountants – provide ongoing development
• Bachelor’s degree, or above in Accounting
• Minimum 6-8+ years of progressive Accounting Experience in Government Contracts Accounting
• Thorough understanding of Payroll and related employee tax requirements
• 2+ years prior Supervisory experience managing the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll staff and processes of the organization
• Knowledge of indirect rates in a government contracting environment, cost accounting, and revenue recognition
• Experience using Deltek 8.1; specifically, all applications in the Accounting module, Projects, and T&E modules, as well as Business Intelligence Reporting
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, Internal Controls, Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations
• Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, TEAMS and/or Webex
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with solid organization skills
• Excellent Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
• Must have experience supervising other and with direct reports.
• CPA License (optional)
• Knowledge and experience with Not-For-Profit or Federal Grant Accounting environments (highly desired)
• Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with multiple levels of management
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities
• Ability to quickly adapt to company policies and processes to effectively lead accounting team