Fantastic growing Government Contracting firm in Northern Virginia (MUST BE DC METRO BASED candidate) seeking a Capture Manager-Newly created position to growth! This is a direct hire position, with a very flexible work from home/in office policy. As the Capture Manager, you will be responsible for identification, pursuit, tracking and capture of business opportunities applicable to ES’s Multi-Function RF and Processing space-based electronics products and space market growth strategy. Company has a great Senior Leadership team, exciting projects current and on near horizon, strong benefits and flexibility, and allows high visibility to the C-Suite. This is ~$190K-$205K base pay position + bonus. They are looking to have soem start in January! If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
• Aerospace and Engineering-Government Contractor in Northern Virginia
• Technology, Space, and Aerospace Defense Contractor.
• Report into the President of the company
• Growing FAST. They are $30M ish now and -anticipate being $60M by end of next year!
• Their Space division is really fueling their current growth.
• They are manufacturing electronic equipment for spaceships-neat stuff.
• Person must be US citizen
• If candidates have Space electronics experience that is a big plus but not required. Engineering firms- nice plus to have but not required. MUST have Government Contracting experience.
• Strong benefits-Corporate culture is fantastic, not stuffy office, 30 Days PTO to start but includes holidays/sick-you can work a federal holiday if you want and won’t count as PTO.
• There is room for growth, Good amount of autonomy here.
• Pension-2 year vesting and you get 10-13% of your salary. They may switch to traditional 401k with matching in near future.
Position Reports To: Chief Strategy and Growth Officer
Positions Supervises: N/A
• Responsible for the identification, pursuit, tracking and capture of business opportunities applicable to ES’s Multi-Function RF and Processing space-based electronics products and space market growth strategy
• Lead and manage capture efforts and enable SES corporate growth. In this role, lead the capture of federal contracting opportunities and supporting SES Growth and Strategy proposal process development.
• Serving as a capture manager at times and oversee others performing as capture managers, ensuring readiness for proposals, and supporting proposal management, development, and completion. Collaborate with technical team members, business development, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute the submission of competitive proposals.
Education/Certification: MS or BS in engineering or technical/business area
Years of Experience: 5+ years in capture management in federal contracting industry including preferably in space systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong technical acumen regarding space-based electronic systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss (P&L), business processes, and financial metrics
• Demonstrated customer domain knowledge and experience in National Security Space and DoD Space for both traditional and non-traditional space programs
• Produce capture products such as competitive assessments, teaming strategies, and prices-to-win analyses to improve win probability
• Develop relationships with teaming partners and industry associations to help drive partnerships
• Monitor, research, and analyze competitive landscape to create competitive advantages
• Organize and lead teams in developing Price to Win strategies and targets
• Conduct capture assessments including competition and solution analyses
• Lead development of proposal win themes, strengths, and discriminators
• Develop milestone and Gate Reviews and present them to Sr. leadership for approval to continue capture activities
• Develop and manage bid and proposal budgets to maximize the efficiency of business development resources
• Provide guidance and support to capture teams on technical, pricing, and contractual issues
• Lead writing efforts for various portions of responses to BAAs, RFIs, and RFPs
• Ensure development and delivery of high quality bid products and artifacts
• Proficient in Business Collaboration tools (MS Office, etc.) as well as online/open-source resources/tools for business development
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills
Preferred not required:
• Master’s degree in engineering or M.B.A.
• Thorough understanding of Xilinx-based Multi-Function RF and Processing space-electronics and their applicability to space-based payloads and mission architectures.
• Current Top Secret//SCI security clearance
• Proven track record of business growth with the Space Intelligence Community and DoD programs across a broad range of customers
• Travel: 25% for business related travel
• Telecommute: Hybrid (combination of on-site/remote)