Are you a highly skilled payroll professional with a passion for delivering exceptional results? Are you seeking an exciting challenge that allows you to utilize your expertise to streamline and optimize payroll processes? Look no further! Our client, a renowned corporate organization, is actively seeking a talented and experienced Payroll Specialist with Deltek Costpoint experience to join their esteemed team.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for our diverse workforce, while also providing strategic insights to enhance our payroll operations.
Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Hybrid - Arlington, VA
Hourly Rate: Market
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Required: Deltek Costpoint experience
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Kronos, Payforce) and databases
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus