Interim Controller / Director of Finance
Hourly Pay Rate:
Responsible for actively participating in the Executive Leadership Team as the most senior finance professional in the organization. Ensures development, implementation, and operation of cost-effective systems to meet both current and future needs of our client. Responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization. Spearheads the organization's financial reporting, ensuring compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). Leads the financial planning and budget management functions. Supports the mission of our client and its affiliates by ensuring the timely and accurate flow of financial information to the Board of Directors, Executives, and external stakeholders as appropriate. Enhances financial viability for the client through a system of internal controls, detailed analysis and applied judgment.
- Develop and implement financial strategies aligned with organization’s mission and long-term goals.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and ensure budgetary compliance throughout the fiscal year.
- Serve as the organization’s senior-most Finance professional – as such, serve as a ‘business partner’ with Operational and Mission leadership in developing, implementing, and monitoring financial strategies.
- Analyze and guide the overall financial performance of the organization and provide regular reports to the Executive Leadership Team, Board Finance Committee and full Board of Directors.
- Lead a team of in-house personnel and outsourced professionals in all aspects of organizational financial management.
- Oversee all financial transactions, accounts receivable and payable, and general ledger activities.
- Conduct financial analysis to identify trends, cost-saving opportunities, and potential financial risks on a regular schedule (i.e., monthly reconciliation and quarterly analysis), and on an as needed basis as opportunities or challenges arise.
- Ensure proper financial controls and procedures are in place to safeguard assets and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Identify and assess external financial risks, opportunities and market factors and implement strategies to capitalize on or mitigate issues.
- Collaborate with Mission Services and Operations Executives to identify and implement strategies and approaches for accessing external funding through grants and donations.
- Monitor the use of restricted funds and ensure compliance with the grant requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Banking and Investment partners to optimize RGI’s financial and market positioning when seeking lending services, insurance, and investment services.
- Lead the strategy development and actively manage the organization’s investment portfolio to optimize returns while maintaining a reasonable risk profile.
- Develop and execute cash management strategies to ensure sufficient liquidity for ongoing operations and future initiatives.
- Monitor real estate and other capital assets and pursue appropriate courses of action to both investment in and preserve resources.
- Oversee the Annual Fiscal Audit process – to wit, lead the process for preparing attorney letters, engagement and representation letters, and apply corrective actions relating to audit findings and observations, while also implementing audit recommendations if/as necessary.
- Lead efforts through outsourced partner organizations in preparing accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports for internal use and delivery to the RGI Board of Directors.
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting requirements, including IRS filings and grant reporting.