Herndon-based small and growing Government Contractor supporting the federal government is seeking a Controller. Reporting to the President of the Company, the Controller
will be responsible for accounting, financial management, and compliance with FAR and DCAA. This is a great opportunity for someone who is proactive and wants their work to be visible and to make an impact. Extensive telecommute option for this position!
Controller Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely accounting for all services related financial transactions
- Financial reporting and variance analyses of actual results compared to annual operating plan and current forecast
- Facilitate the service organization with forecasting and conduct variance analysis to show management how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance
- Preparation of weekly flash updates to current quarter services revenue/GM outlook
- All services related month end close activities including balance sheet account reconciliations and flux analysis
- 10 years of hands-on financial management experience in federal government contracting with a strong working knowledge of a diverse range of government contracts, including cost-plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. This requirement could be waived with extensive experience
- 5 years of direct experience with QuickBooks Accountant Desktop software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of DCAA, FAR
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Must be US Citizen