Our client, a private wealth management firm, is seeking an Accountant to join their team. This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours per week. The accountant will be responsible for the bookkeeping and payables functions of the firm. The accountant will also be responsible for payroll benefit administration and preparation of the monthly management reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting / Month-End Responsibilities:
Payroll / Benefits Administration:
- Bank Reconciliations - Code and input bank statements into QuickBooks; Revaluation of foreign currency accounts.
- Accounts Payable - Code invoices into correct expenditure category; Input invoices into QuickBooks; File invoices to ensure an easy audit trail; Ensure authorization as per company procedures; Prepare weekly payment list for authorization and processing.
- Accounts Receivable - Reconcile revenue to the billing summary; Ensure correct coding by revenue category; Ensure sundry amounts receivable (e.g. recharges to managed funds or SPVs or group companies) are reconciled and collected; Monitor and follow-up on uncollected revenue.
- Credit Cards - Ensure that expenses incurred on the credit cards are authorized as per company policy; Code expenses and input them into QuickBooks; Reconcile balance outstanding on QuickBooks to the statements on a monthly basis.
- Tax Reporting and Compliance - Prepare Form 1099s; Prepare annual property tax return;
Provide information, reconciliation and back-up for preparation of tax returns as requested by tax preparer.
- Monthly Close Process - Run month-end closings in a timely manner; Prepare accruals and prepayments; Prepare monthly management accounts for review by the Managing Director of Finance and the CEO; Provide analysis of the budget to actual variances and investigate any large variances; Provide monthly and quarterly reports of to the Compliances Officer; Review and reconcile key-expenditure accounts with the person in charge of the area.
Responsible for the administration of the following employee benefits: Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and FSA. Coordinate with service providers to ensure timely payment of premiums. Ensure correct deduction from employees’ payroll.
- Annual open enrollment – assist with the annual open enrollment for all employee benefits.
- Insurance Coverage –assist with the annual assessment of the insurance coverage.
- Liaison with Carrier/Brokers – work with carriers and brokers on a variety of insurance related issues.
- Managing Payroll – handle payroll processing for all employees.
- Other Benefit programs – assist with the 401K and other benefit programs for the company and employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree; prefer degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- CPA preferred but not required; minimally a willingness to become certified CPA.
- Work experience:
- 5 or more years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping required.
- Knowledge in processing payroll and accounts payable.
- Experience in a small entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Experience in the financial services field preferred.
- Required skills:
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with detailed knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Proactive self- starter